NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
WE WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY PERSON ON THE BASIS OF:
- race, color, national origin, or
- age, sex, religion, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or
- present or predicted disability, or
- health status or conditions including expected length of life, degree of medical dependency, quality of life or
other health conditions, health care needs, previous medical information, genetic information, or
- other status such as a victim of violence, or receipt of public assistance.
Cox HealthPlans provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate
effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats).
We also provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English,
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages.
If you need these services, please contact our Member Services Department at 1(800) 869-1093, or access
information by visiting www.thinkinghealthforward.com. Non-English-speaking Members can contact the same
Member Services telephone number printed on the back of the ID Card to connect to a language line services
interpreter. Our Member Service representatives are trained to make the connection to provide clear access to
If you believe that Cox HealthPlans has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the
basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with us by writing to Cox
HealthPlans-Member Services, P.O. Box 5750, Springfield, MO 65801-5750, or by fax at 417-269-2949. You
can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, our Member Services
Department is available to help you. Please call 1-800-869-1093.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for
Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at
https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 1-800-368-
1019, 1-800-537-7697 (TDD) Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.